Sunday, January 16, 2011

I see London, I see France....


...and Paris smells of pee (yeah not as romantic as I thought it'd be)

So I was sitting here thinking about my life and what's become of it. This time last summer I was preparing for what was to be the greatest 3 months of my life when I had an internship/study abroad planned for the summer of 2010. And boy was it glorious...


First off London always has things to do, sure the food over there looks and tastes like vomit but everything else is FABULOUS! If we weren't shopping the stalls in Camden Town (my favorite place on earth) or being cool in the smoker section at the Roxy, my friends and I were attending the BEST concerts (Bonus: most shows there are free!).

I got to see my favorite goth, hipsters, The Horrors













And although there are countless others I got to enjoy like The Coral at Rough Trade record store or Kelis at the One Night in London show hosted by Perez Hilton, Love Box festival had to be one of the best investments I made. There I was able to see The Noisettes, The XX, Wild Beasts, Mark Ronson, and of course...EMPIRE OF THE SUN!!!


Only decent pic I could get of Empire of the Sun
Lead singer of The Noisettes
Wild Beasts, who are way better live

















On top of that London is crawling with celebs, once on the tube my friend and I sat near Cillian Murphy on our way to see Inception!! AND, at Kings Cross station a group of us saw the filming of the final scene in the Harry Potter movies!
Yup, that's me awkwardly posing with the ACTUAL Hogwarts Express, none of this Universal replica shite
 Of course on top of the amazing wealth of things to see and do while in London I was also able to visit all sorts of surrounding countries like Greece, Spain, Holland, Belgium, and France. I won't go on and on about all the awesome music and clothes because this post is getting to be a bit lengthy, I'm just saying I miss it. Now my life consists of hanging out with my family, my one friend left in my home town, and the mind-numbing hunt for a career.

I'll just leave you with this song that I have become pretty fond of and matches some of my feelings in regards to life right now HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment