Monday, March 21, 2011

Friends in a Lens

This past week I got extremely sick. The kind of sick that makes you spend half your day bent over the toilet up-chucking everything (no doubt rearranging some organs in the process).

In order to find out if I was suffering from Cholera as my dad had suggested (I guess he's older than I thought. He probably also thinks Consumption is a prevalent ailment.), I went to the doctor.
To put it lightly I looked like crap. It was at this point I realized what an amazing accessory sunglasses are, they can transform you on the worst days to looking super cool INSTANTANEOUSLY! 

Example: Ugly/possibly disturbed, baby

BAM! Just like that she now looks like she's making that face to be ironic = instant cool.


 I myself have gone through many phases with sunglasses.
In high school it was all about the GIANT frame (because in the early 2000's small faces were in), but over time I have evolved to liking the wayfarer.



  
My adoration for this frame has crept its way into most of my daily solar choices, from my prescription lenses all the way to the freaking case I carry them in!





Thankfully it seems the styles I've been seeing around lately don't divert too much from my wayfarer rut.
I think the cat-eye frame is still in right now, but I'm really liking this rounded wayfarer style.

ASOS

Fred Flare

Ray-Ban

So the exciting news is this new style is still going retro... but I'm talking turn of the century retro! It's about time we dug into the fashion vaults.


Here's some music for the week. These videos are really light and fun for summer, ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Lol idk where you found that baby picture, but your Photoshop skills are hilarious. It's totally true that people look better with sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. type "ugly" into google and BAM, ugly baby picture ;)

    ReplyDelete