Thursday, March 10, 2011

Denim Venom

Apologies blog readers on my lack of update. I decided to start working on a portfolio in my never ending search for a job, and it has really been imposing on my sitting around time.

Aside from that I've still been dressing to the nines to sit in front of my tv, like any unemployed, wannabe fashionista would (maybe for Lent I should give up being so boring?).

Anyway, I have come to discover something--I love a good jean jacket.
I used to be completely against this article of clothing because
a.) they are worthless when it comes to warmth
b.) only hicks and frumpy soccer moms wear them.

But I've proved myself wrong.
I like to call this segment "The many outfits I can wear my Banana Republic denim jacket" (yeah I know, I need a better title...)

 


Gap striped shirt
Black Banana Republic jeans
Red Michelle D loafers
 



Primark sundress
Gianni Bini peep-toe flats















Yellow H&M shorts
Saddle shoes from muffys.com
Striped blouse from local boutique













Forever 21 tee
Banana Republic pencil skirt
Stuart Weitzman jelly flats











H&M blouse
Zara paperbag trouser
Paul Frank tennis shoes












Dress from local boutique
Maroon Banana Republic tights
Two tone oxfords from TopShop













Red Urban Outfitters dress
Forever 21 biker shorts
Madewell oxfords












Hurely gingham shirt
BCBG harem pants
J Vincent flats












So how about that? I've managed to wear the same jacket every day for a week and even had an extra outfit for that time I dropped a buffalo chicken wing in my lap and had to change. Oh the sense of accomplishment I feel!!

P.S. the Crocodiles was a band that inspired me to rethink the denim jacket (despite the fact that no denim is present in this particular video). Thanks guys, you rock in many ways.


3 comments:

  1. I totally understand your love for denim jackets. I've been wearing one since senior year of high school. Not the same one, of course haha.

    I love your blog and I'm totally glad I found it. I'll be back, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to be weary of the denim jacket as well. I'm warming up to it but I've yet to find one that doesn't make me look like Dolly Parton. I love your outfits!

    And the chicken wing comment made me laugh so hard.

    I also applaud you for never, ever, ever entertaining the notion of denim-on-denim. Every fashion house in the world could do a collection with that and I would still hate it. I shudder to even think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you like my blog Natalie!! That means so much to me!

    And Kaitlin, I don't know that the world is ready for a denim on denim ensemble, but I've been wrong before LOL!

    ReplyDelete